Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Vacation's Over


Sorry for the delay...took my last week off before I leave in a couple of weeks up in Omaha with my family. Kids are starting to realize that I'm going away. Sarah seems ok--she has bouts where she gets depressed but she deals with it. Sammy has deeper issues. We've gotten a lot closer over the past few months and he's practically my shadow now. I'm very nervous as to how he's going to deal with this.

Due to my vacation I missed the "convenient" deployment line while I was gone. So now I get to spend my time playing catch-up. I've had more needles stuck in me this week than I care to, and I still have immunizations to contend with at the end of the week. They say that Qatar is a low-threat environment--I'm not taking chances. Most people lose a lot of weight when they go there due to a lack of things to do besides work out; I'm getting in the best shape I can before I go in case I need it when I hit the ground. On top of that, I've been riding a cush desk job for 8 months now (a miserable job, but cush) working 8 hours a day with weekends off. The guy I'm replacing said the only complaint he had about his actual job was that he was on his 92nd day straight without a break. And they work 12 hour shifts. I'm thinking that being in shape would be a good thing.

On another note--I found out today that I'm going to be a father for the third time. We tried to time it so that Em wouldn't have to be 8 months prego in the Arizona heat of July. I'll miss the four months in between, but at least I have another thing to dream about while in the desert.

,

No comments:

Post a Comment