Thursday, November 16, 2006

Christmas List


I'm ready to get once of these.

The camera I got when I got back from the desert just sucks, and it doesn't make me feel any better that I spent $290 to get iut. I read Photographica all the time, and have always been jealous of the pictures that people can take with SLR cameras--it's just that $1000 price tag kinda gets in the way. It doesn't help much that I'm in a tug-of-war with our decade-old credit card debt that I'm hoping to have paid off by the time we leave Tucson. I think this is one lusting that will have to wait.

For Christmas I think I'm going to get my Ring again. This is considered the most prized posession of any Citadel grad, and mine was lost in the mail by UPS (U People Suck) a few years ago. That was the Ring that I was given in Summerall Chapel in October of 1993, surrounded by my brothers with tears in my eyes. It became a matter of principal for me to not replace it, since I considered it irreplaceable. But I miss it--real bad. So I think it's time. I'm going to send the paperwork off this week.

The sad thing is that I see these on eBay all the time, either by scumbags that find Rings (in say, a UPS warehouse) or by disgruntled grads who need money.

I wonder if it will settle the dreams that I have once a week of being back there. I am a little excited because Montgomery (if it's still there after the tornados yesterday) is only seven hours away from Charleston. Maybe I can go there for Parent's weekend or something and show the monkies the inside of the barracks. The last time I set foot on the campus there was the day I graduated.


No comments:

Post a Comment