Thursday, January 25, 2007

Depressed


I'm depressed.

Or tired, Or something.

For 6 months I had been working out like a madman, and for whatever reasons I haven't been able to in almost 2 weeks. Poor Jennifer Garner has been in peril's grip on my copies of Alias on my PSP for 13 days now, since I've been watching it as I run. One reason in particular for my laziness is the freak of nature that is known as my right foot at this point. On Saturday I transformed into my "motivation exceeding capability" mode during a tournament in Mesa, AZ. I'm not sure what I kicked--probably an elbow--but it had the effect of dropping a bowling ball on the top of my foot. It was hard to walk on Sunday, but by Monday said foot had begun a morphing experience into some strangely-colored, puffy appendage. Not very conducive to running.
Snow Fall
Monkies watching the snow fall


I got home early after work yesterday, after deciding against going to the gym (again). I had the energy of a gnat (come to think of it, gnats are pretty energetic--I guess I was more like a worm. Or moss.) last night, and while SW and MIL were running around taking care of everything I was laying around like a slug. I hate feeling like that.

I'm a big believer that Newton's Law of "a body in motion tends to stay in motion, a body at rest tends to stay at rest--and get fat" applies to life in general. The more I work out the more I want to work out and vice versa. And it just spirals downward. It makes me feel bad because the kids wanted to play last night and I just didn't have it in me.

My diet has kind of sucked, maybe that's contributing to it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment