Sunday, January 15, 2006

When Life Slows Down


You know, its amazing how little there is to write about once your normally exciting life comes to a screeching halt.

I have been desperately trying to move forward on my list of things to do and it's a lot more overhwhelming than I thought. Even more overhwelming is that blinking cursor I've looked at every day with nothing to type into this little box. Writer's block from hell. So, rather than have people think I've dropped off the face of the earth (much like the hits to my site--amazing how much interest drops off in the milblog arena once you're no longer actually in the war), I figured I'd at least check in.

The initial excitement has worn off and we've kind of dropped back into life as if I never left. Sammy still is constantly by my side, mcgdo's gone back to being a pain in the butt, and the list of required things to do is becoming longer and longer. Top that off with the fact that my parents are inbound (next Friday, I think) and stress starts to mount as well. It's funny--I had a lot more control over my life and myself when I was locked into a desert prison.

I did go and buy a small camera--which I haven't opened yet--so that I can start posting pictures on here on a regular basis. I am also VERY interested in giving the blog a new look--if anyone has any suggestions as to how to go about doing that, it would be nice. I've heard that there are web developers out there that do this for a small fee...

Ok..I'll start paying attention a little more since things to post about aren't exactly going to drop into my lap.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, the writer's block will fade. Nice of you to let us know how things are going, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're settling in back home. I'm sure with a new baby on the way and two other kids, you'll have plenty to blog about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like time for reflection. I look forward to hear what bubbles up out of this time and change of circumstance.

    ReplyDelete