Thursday, April 20, 2006

No Tears in Heaven


It's a little late, but I just found this story on Sgt. Hook's blog. Awesome read--but bring your tissues. Another good response to those trying so hard to discredit the military.
Brian Velleux felt his face flush with anger but held it in check after a reassuring look from Sergeant Williams. Taking a deep breath before answering, the young Soldier said, “With all due respect sir, my life was not wasted. My life was spent defending your right to publish articles in your newspaper criticizing my life. My life made a difference in providing the very freedoms you take for granted to a group of people who still don’t understand what freedom means. My life ended while saving a school full of young Afghan girls from an IED that was meant to kill them all. My life was not wasted sir.”
Read the whole thing here.


No comments:

Post a Comment