Friday, June 30, 2006

Entertainment


Entertainment for the summer is coming up.

First off, I am a huge fan of Superman. I've read most of the books about him, and absolutely loved the movies when I was a kid. To hear that they kept a lot of the original ideas and themes (like the music) just made me want to see the movie even more. I've been brain-washing the monkies with DVD's of the original 70's movies and they're just as excited as I am. We go this weekend.

I'm not a fan of reality shows, but there was one on last year that I eagerly loved. "The Contender" was a reality show that followed 16 boxers as they fought their way into a final bout in Las Vegas for something like a million bucks or something. The thing that made this show so awesome was the dramtization of the fights--one held each week. The music and camera shots were phenomenal, and SW and I actually cried when one of our favorites lost towards the end of the show. I think it was on CBS, but it was up against some hit show at the time and it didn't do very well. So they cancelled it.

ESPN (God Bless them) picked up the show and is putting thier own version of it on next month. It starts July 19th, with the same producers and crews. Hopefully they won't change much, but it is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment