Friday, June 2, 2006

Hammer Down


This is about as excited as I think I'll get working as a staff weenie.

My boss finally dropped the bomb I had created on our sister unit--a package that pretty much spells out that an organization of theirs in inept and would be better utilized by transferring all of their assets and personnel over to my shop. I've been working on this for a couple of months now, and hopefully I made a strong enough case that they won't have a choice but to cave in.

I don't tend to get along real well with the number two guy over there, and I think this blindsided attack is going to just make our relationship all the better. Unfortunately, I'm heading out on Sunday for two weeks, so I'll probably miss the majority of the fireworks. Knowing how things work around here though, it'll probably be that long before they can come up with a legitimate response.

The best commander I ever had once told me that I would get a lot more accomplished with honey than with a baseball bat.

I disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment