Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tae Kwon Do Day #1


Tonight's the night.

After taking 15 years off, I'm going to put a Gi back on an start taking martial arts again. Oh, I've done it before--a couple of weeks in college, and a couple of months when I was stationed in Germany--but neither of them was very serious. This time, I'm a little more committed since SW has been doing it for a month and the monkies have been going for four months. Since they started I've toyed with the idea almost every day, and now I'm finally taking whatever plunge lays ahead of me.

I tried on the uniform last night--couple that with my size and I looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Absolutely ridiculous. A problem I can already see happening is old habits--either me trying to do stuff that I haven't done in 50 pounds or 15 years, or being resistant to new stuff. I guess we'll see.

Had a buddy of mine mention in the middle of a conversation that he can tell that I've gained weight since getting back from the desert. Great. And this is after I've already lost eight pounds.

I'm really looking forward to tonight. Nervous, yes, but still excited about it. I'm slowly trying to start another blog (yes, I need yet ANOTHER reason to suck the time out of my life) documented the journey. If you're interested I'll post the link on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment