Friday, May 19, 2006

Long in the Tooth


The class of 2006 is graduating this month.

If you were born on the day I graduated High School in Massachusetts, you would be legal to drive as of this month.

Good God, I'm actually getting old.

A very dear friend of mine asked me the other day if I was on the verge of a mid-life crisis. Jesus, I hope not.

Getting Older...

The problem with me is that I don't feel like I am. I definitely don't act like I am. I still play video games and read comic books. I'm spastic because Cowboy is old enough to play with the Star Wars toys I had when I was a kid and I can play with him and teach him all about them.

I don't know where Trouble got her data, but I still have the sex drive I had when I was in my 20's. I still love to go to the sports bar and throw darts whilst getting hammered. I still have issues with lust over toys (the latest being a portable XM radio). I like to drive fast and think I look like a stud on my Harley. I don't pay bills on time that aren't already paid from my electronic account and I barely keep track of how much money we spend.


I think people look at people our age and make a lot of assumptions--assumptions that, for me, are categorically false. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. There are defintely times I wish I would act more my age.

,

No comments:

Post a Comment