Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Motivation


The last time I was motivated to work out was when I was getting ready for the desert.

SW and I were running almost every day--we had double-motivation then, with my deployment and her impending pregnancy. I definitely got into better shape, passing my PT test more than I have done since I started gaining weight in 1995. Unfortunately that tapered off in the desert, and then with Odie showing up it has been hard to get back into it, especially with SW starting off slowly. She just started taking Tae Kwon Do with the monkies (free for Moms this month--another great deal from this school), and is expecting me to do the same next month.

Either way, when I try to lose weight/get in shape I do it much differently than SW does. She just works out and pays a little attention to her already somewhat-healthy lifestyle. I tend to analyze things a lot more, keep a log, and kind of go balls out until I get tired of it.

On the blog I reviewed today he mentioned a "Body For Life" tracking website where people publicly track their progress through the program. I've tried this program before--and it works--with very little success. The failures were all mine, mainly because it takes a lot of discipline on your part to measure and track everything. Well, after looking through some of the profiles, I am motivated again.

I've been working out for a couple of weeks now and I'm going to give this a try. Once I get the profile established and pictures taken I'll post the link. Maybe it can count as an HNT :).

No comments:

Post a Comment