Sunday, February 19, 2006

Clarification


I have received a good number of great emails from people for the post I authored about Hazing a few days ago--quite a few from Alumni. Judging from the questions, there are two things that I have in the original post, but need to be re-stated:

1) I was not ever a member of the JSD--I elected to save my grades at a critical point in my quest for a pilot slot in my junior year, so I walked out of my rank-selection board--simply because if I had the opportunity, I knew I would try. So I eliminated that opportunity.

2) I don't think I clearly gave credit for these photos--I got them off of a website the post was linked to in a couple of places: www.sworddrill.com. The photos are posted there with the caption that they are from the scrapbook of Mr. Gary Durante, member of the 1980 JSD--one of the ones that we were told was legendary for the trials they had to go through.

3 comments:

  1. Gary was on the crew team with me and from what I remember 80 JSD went through hell during my Senior Year. Which is probably fitting since they were holding the arch for one of the best classes to pass through Lesene gate in a long time............

    Then again if I had known what hell my then fiance and later to be ex-wife was going to put me through they could have just smacked her with the sword as opposed to holding it over her head.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, no regrets in that post!

    Lighten up, skippy! Just because she got 1/2 your pay....

    (not laughing here, either)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm not bitter.........

    Well, maybe a little. Then again, I'm the guy who went out for BV's just to "show" a Charleston girl what a real man I was.......

    Long story there.....

    ReplyDelete