Monday, February 13, 2006

Top Ten Update


I've been home for a month.

I figured now would be a good time to update "
My Top Ten" things that I wanted to do once I got home. So far it feels like I have managed to slide back into my old routine, which I definitely wanted to change. Let's see...

1. Make Breakfast. PARTIAL SUCCESS. I've done it a couple of times, but the early morning computer habit that I've been trying to break doesn't seem to want to quit. I do make some mean scrambled eggs though.

2. Reduce the Load. SUCCESS. We've taken about 4 truckloads of stuff to Goodwill. More to follow.

3. Build a Wild Playset. SUCCESS.

4. Walk With the Kids. Haven't done it yet. We took them to the park one day to ride their bikes, but no excuse on this one. Still working on it.

5. Help Around the House More. PARTIAL SUCCESS. I am helping out, but I could be doing a lot more.

6. Keep Blogging. SUCCESS. Well, kinda. I guess if you call continuing to write a success, then yeah. But the interest has certainly vanished. With the exception of a handful of loyal readers and the occasional link love from Mudville and Military Outpost, no one links to me anymore. Oh well.

7. Start Flying. FAILURE.

8. Buy a DVR. FAILURE.

9. Go Somewhere, Anywhere, Once a Month. SUCCESS

10. Manage My Time. FAILURE. This is a biggie...I've been horrible at it my whole life.

So--so far so bad. Granted, these were pretty lofty goals. I think the biggest problem I had coming back was that I had a pretty regular schedule and everything was laid out for me over there. Being home, I am once again left to my own devices which never really worked in the first place. Still not giving up.

2 comments:

  1. It's only been a month. You'll get there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the disassociation feeling, came home after 3 years in the SoPac (Destroyer, WWII) and had a heck of a time getting re- organized. Took me a year before I returned to school. But, given time, I did rejoin the world. Then Korea happened and I had to do it over again, same result. Hang in, it Will work out.

    ReplyDelete